QR Code Link to This Post
My name is Shell, and I'm a soon-to-be graduate of Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. I studied Computer Science and Literary Arts (Creative Writing), and am staying in the US to work as a software engineer for a while! I grew up in Beijing, China and attended international school until the age of 14. My family moved to Warrawee on the North Shore in 2011, and I finished secondary school at Pymble Ladies College in Sydney.
I'd love to offer you or your child any advice in applying to colleges in the US! I always knew I wanted to study in the US and receive a liberal arts education; maybe that's the same with you, maybe not. Either way, I hope that I could help guide you or your child in pursuing their personal goals and dreams!
Just some statistics about me:
- ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank): 99.20 (English Advanced, 3 Unit Maths, Modern History, History Extension, Economics)
- SAT: 2340 (Top 1%), 800 Maths, 760 Writing, 780, Reading
- Admitted to UCLA
- Transferred from UCLA to Brown University my junior year. (While UCLA was a wonderful school, it did not have the intellectual freedom I was looking for in a college education. I am really glad that I applied to transfer, and am so grateful for the opportunity to study and graduate from Brown.)
During my college application processes, I did not receive any SAT tutoring, or college essay assistance. While I am proud to have persisted through the journey on my own, many times I did wish I had a mentor to share their experiences with me. I'm concluding my education right now, and thought that I could share my knowledge with others who wish to study in the US, or, move to a different college to complete their degree.
What I can provide:
- Common App College Process, SAT advice
- College essay roadmapping, proofreading
- Transfer essay roadmapping, proofreading
Please contact me for more information. The best way to reach me is by email!
Thanks for reading!